A taut abdominal contour is the highlight of an attractive, youthful figure. However, loose skin and sagging musculature occurs more easily in the mid-section because of a sedentary lifestyle, genetics, pregnancy, weight loss, or aging factors. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Koltz performs tummy tuck in Toledo, OH to make your abdominal area appear flat and toned for years to come.
Aesthetic Benefits of Tummy Tuck Surgery
If you are unable to achieve a firm and tight abdomen through diet and exercise, you could benefit from a tummy tuck plastic surgery, clinically known as abdominoplasty.
- Smooth, Tight Skin: Weight fluctuations, lack of exercise, and age-driven loss of skin elasticity can result in loose or hanging skin in the mid-section. Excessive skin folds can be removed with tummy tuck surgery to restore a tight and smooth appearance of the abdomen.
- Toned Muscles: Muscle laxity in the abdominal area may result in a heavily sagging abdomen. Dr. Koltz will tighten the loose or separated underlying abdominal muscles as part of the tummy tuck to restore a firm and toned looking mid-section contour and shape.
- Self-confidence: If a drooping belly is making you avoid wearing tight clothes or swimwear, you can dramatically improve your confidence levels with a tummy tuck surgery. A slimmer looking mid-section can transform your personality, outlook, and enhance your quality of life.
Types of Abdominoplasty
Tummy tuck is a versatile mid-body contouring surgery that can be tailored to meet your unique anatomical and personal cosmetic goals. Dr. Koltz will create a custom tummy tuck surgery plan in close consultation with you.
- Traditional Abdominoplasty
- A traditional abdominoplasty or full tummy tuck surgery addresses both lower and upper abdominal areas to eliminate loose skin and enhance the shape and contour. The complete abdominal wall will be tightened through a U-shaped or horizontal hip-to-hip incision created just above the pubic area.
- Through the incision, your surgeon will excise the loose skin and tighten the underlying abdominal muscles. If excess skin is present also around the navel, the surgeon may place a second incision around it to achieve more harmonious outcomes.
- Extended Abdominoplasty
- In many cases, muscle laxity and sagging skin is also present in the flanks or love handles around the waist. In this case, Dr. Koltz may perform an extended tummy tuck surgery to correct the appearance of flanks along with the lower and upper abdomen.
- The incision in this case will extend to the flanks, but you will achieve more dramatic results with a tighter, firmer abdominal wall and removal of excess skin from the front and the love handles. Patients often find it worth having a longer incision in return for an attractive shape of their mid-body.
- Partial Abdominoplasty
- If you want to limit the correction only the lower abdominal area (flatten the “pooch”), you may choose to have a partial abdominoplasty or mini tummy tuck surgery with Dr. Koltz. In this procedure, he will place just one incision above the pubic line to eliminate excess skin and tighten sagging muscles.
- A mini tummy tuck will result in a short and thin scar and cause minimal tissue trauma for a faster recovery. You can expect a tighter lower abdomen that looks attractive in figure-hugging clothes and bathing suits. Stretch marks under the navel may also be reduced with this procedure.
Dr. Koltz is a double fellowship trained ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon and performs a range of body contouring procedures in Toledo OH, Maumee, Northwest Ohio and Southeastern Michigan.
For tummy tuck surgery, turn to pēkomd to enhance your mid-section contours. To learn more about our body contouring procedures, book a private consultation with Dr. Koltz at our Toledo, OH office.