Brazilian butt lift, popularly known as BBL, is a transformative body contouring plastic surgery to reshape your buttocks and make them more proportionate to the rest of your figure. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Koltz will use minimally invasive fat grafting techniques to create a fuller, rounder, and more defined buttock contour with BBL surgery in Toledo, OH.
Benefits of a BBL Surgery
If your posterior is lacking in shape and definition or you are bothered by the “flattish” appearance of your buttocks, Dr. Koltz can help you achieve naturally appealing outcomes with a Brazilian butt lift surgery. Some of the key benefits of this fat transfer surgery include:
- It will accentuate your lower body curves
- It will add volume and proportion to your buttocks
- It will create a balance between your lower and upper body
- You will have lifted, shapely and youthful look in your rear
- BBL involves no implants, which makes the results more natural
- Your clothes will fit better and you will feel more self-confident
How does a Brazilian Butt Lift Work?
Dr. Koltz will perform your outpatient BBL plastic surgery procedure in three minimally invasive steps following the administration of anesthesia:
- Step 1: He will perform tumescent local anesthesia liposuction to remove excess fat from your donor areas, such as the abdomen, thighs, or hips.
- Step 2: The fat cells will purified using a sterile and automated centrifugal process and will be prepared for transfer into your buttock area.
- Step 3: Dr. Koltz will inject the purified fat into the targeted recipient sites in your buttocks at precise depths to improve fullness and shape.
Some of the transferred fat cells may not survive, which is naturally expected in this procedure. Therefore, your surgeon will make provision for this possibility and inject some extra fat than required. This will help you achieve the desired final outcome more effectively. The tiny fat injections will be strategically placed at multiple depths to create smooth, natural looking results.
BBL vs. Buttock Implants
The key differentiating factor that makes a Brazilian butt lift surgery more popular than buttock augmentation is that no insertion of implants is required in a BBL. Implants will require more significant incisions, which increases the healing time as well as results in more conspicuous scarring.
Moreover, butt implants may not create the exceptionally natural looking results that a Brazilian butt lift will. Post-operative risks and complications are minimal in a Brazilian butt lift because it is primarily an injectable fat transfer. Implants will also be vulnerable to capsular contracture risks.
Recovery and Results
You may be able to resume your daily routine or go back to work within a week after your Brazilian butt lift surgery. However, you may have avoid sitting directly or putting pressure on your buttocks for about two weeks until the fat grafts have fully settled in the donor area.
Results with a BBL surgery should last for years to come. Fat cells that sustain the grafting process will continue to survive for a long time. Final results will continue to develop for about four to six months. By this time, you will be ready to fully experience your curvier, attractive buttocks.
Dr. Koltz is a double fellowship trained ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon and performs a range of body contouring procedures in Toledo, OH, Maumee, northwest Ohio, and southeastern Michigan.
For Brazilian butt lift (BBL), turn to pēkomd® to reshape and tighten your backside. To learn more about our body contouring procedures, book a private consultation with Dr. Koltz at our Toledo, OH office.