Laser skin resurfacing is a safe and effective non-surgical way to reduce aging lines, hyperpigmentation, discoloration, acne scars, redness, brown spots, unwanted body and facial hair, and other skin imperfections. It also helps restore an even looking tone and smooth texture to your skin. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Koltz provides laser skin resurfacing in Toledo, OH using cutting-edge cosmetic laser devices.
Custom Laser Skin Enhancement
- Ablative Lasers
- Dr. Koltz and his experienced laser aestheticians will optimize your laser skin resurfacing procedure according to your specific cosmetic skin concerns and your skin type and tone. If you are looking for more dramatic and longer lasting skin resurfacing, Dr. Koltz may recommend ablative laser techniques that will involve removal of the top skin layer to reveal renewed skin underneath, which is smoother, tighter, and without blemishes.
- Non-ablative Lasers
- For minimally invasive laser skin rejuvenation treatments that do not break the surface of your skin, Dr. Koltz may recommend non-ablative laser devices. In this case, the laser energy will penetrate into your deeper tissue to generate heat and trigger the formation of new collagen fibers. As a result, your skin will firm up and become more toned and volumized more naturally without involving any post-treatment discomfort or downtime.
Types of Cosmetic Laser Technologies
- CO2 Lasers: Carbon dioxide laser skin resurfacing treatments typically involve ablative laser devices. Deeper skin aberrations, such as wrinkles, surgical or acne scars, warts, and sun damage may be treated more effectively with CO2 lasers.
- Erbrium Lasers: These laser devices may be either ablative or non-ablative. The goal of these laser techniques is to support collagen remodeling and treat skin laxity, fine lines, and age spots from within. These lasers may also be safely used on darker skin.
- Fractional Lasers: These are among the more popular laser skin resurfacing devices used today. Ablative or non-ablative fractional lasers will break the concentrated laser beam into thousands of microscopic energy beams. This makes the treatment gentler with less downtime.
- Pulse-Dye Lasers: These non-ablative laser devices are designed to heat the mid to deep dermis to mitigate the effects of broken blood vessels, rosacea, redness, and hyperpigmentation. Results are more superficial with this treatment, but it involves minimal downtime.
Plan for Multiple Laser Treatments for Best Results
With non-ablative laser skin resurfacing, you should plan to have a series of treatment sessions in order to achieve the desired outcomes that last. The advantage with these minimally invasive lasers is that you will not go through any downtime. You can simply return to your day’s routine or go back to work right after your in-office laser treatment session.
Can You Have Laser Skin Resurfacing for Darker Skin?
Dr. Koltz will customize your laser skin resurfacing plan depending on your skin type and tone. For lighter-toned Hispanic, Asian or African American patients, Erbium laser devices can minimize your skin discoloration risks. For darker skin tones, Dr. Koltz may recommend an IPL treatment instead of lasers to achieve more predictable skin enhancement results.
Work with a Dependable Laser Skin Resurfacing Expert
In advanced skin rejuvenation procedures such as laser skin resurfacing, your success will depend on the skill of your treatment provider and the type of laser technology they are using. Dr. Koltz and his team have years of combined experience with advanced laser platforms to help you look a younger version of yourself in a safe, natural looking way.
Dr. Koltz is a double fellowship trained ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon and performs a range of non-surgical cosmetic procedures in Toledo OH, Maumee, Northwest Ohio and Southeastern Michigan.
For laser skin resurfacing, turn to pēkomd to restore a youthful looking face and body. To learn more about our non-surgical cosmetic procedures, book a private consultation with Dr. Koltz at our Toledo, OH office.