Mommy makeover has made a buzz in plastic surgery circles. It includes different procedures, like tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and liposuction. Mommy makeover has become increasingly popular among mothers for its ability to rejuvenate and restore the body to a pre-baby appearance.
A skilled and experienced plastic surgeon will explain the details of the procedure during the initial consultation. pēkomd Cosmetic Surgery, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Peter Koltz, provides mommy makeover surgery to patients in Toledo, Maumee, Northwest Ohio, Southeastern Michigan, and surrounding communities.
About Mommy Makeover
Mommy makeover is usually a combination of body contouring and breast enhancement procedures. It involves multiple breast and body improvement plastic surgery procedures performed at the same time. You can include non-surgical procedures as part of the mommy makeover as well. Here are a few common procedures that form part of mommy makeover:
- Breast augmentation: Your breasts may lose their shape and size after you are done breastfeeding. Breast augmentation can restore volume for achieving the size increase you want.
- Breast lift: This procedure can lift your breasts to a perkier and more youthful shape and position. Your surgeon will probably combine breast lift with augmentation in a single procedure.
- Breast reduction: In some cases, women seek breast reduction for achieving proportionate breasts and alleviating discomfort.
- Liposuction: Reduce stubborn excess fat in the arms, legs, hips, abdomen, and back among other areas.
- Tummy tuck: Tighten stretched muscles and loose skin on the abdomen.
Your plastic surgeon will understand your aesthetic goals and work closely with you during the initial consultation for designing a procedure that is tailor-made for your body.
Reasons to Choose a Mommy Makeover
These are a few benefits offered by mommy makeover:
- Customization: You can personalize your transformation as per your unique anatomy and aesthetic goals.
- Quicker recovery: You can recovery from multiple surgical procedures at the same time. You don’t need to take time off work multiple times.
- Affordable: You can save on the overall sticker price of your transformation by paying only one set of facility fee and anesthesia fee.
A key benefit of mommy makeover is the rediscovered confidence you would gain in your body and appearance. This is especially true after changes caused by pregnancy and weight loss.
Things to Consider
There are a few things you would need to consider before getting a mommy makeover. Your surgeon will not allow you to lift anything heavy for a few weeks. You would need someone to take care of the little ones while you recover. It is never an astute idea to hurry the recovery process.
You would need to take adequate time off work and social engagements to rest. On average, it takes anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks to get back to work. A mommy makeover is usually recommended only after you are done having babies. While the procedure will not affect your chances of getting pregnant, the results may get reversed.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Peter Koltz receives patients from Toledo, Maumee, Northwest Ohio, Southeastern Michigan, and nearby areas for mommy makeover surgery.
Contact Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Peter Koltz in Toledo, Ohio
To learn more about the plastic surgery treatments and procedures performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Peter Koltz please click here to contact us.
Posted on behalf of
7634 W. Central Avenue
Toledo, OH 43617
Phone: (567) 408-7356
Monday & Tuesday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM