Facial wrinkles are a visible sign of aging. They can make you appear older and tired than your actual age. Botox is a popular noninvasive treatment for wrinkles. This FDA approved wrinkle removal procedure benefits millions of people every year.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Peter Koltz provides safe and proven anti-wrinkle neurotoxin injections, such as Botox, to patients in Toledo, Maumee, Northwest Ohio; Southeastern Michigan, and surrounding locations.
Botox Erases Dynamic Wrinkles
Botox contains a powerful muscle relaxant in the form of botulinum toxin type A. The compound works best on dynamic wrinkles caused by overactive facial muscles during squints, frowns, smiles and laughs. Fine lines and wrinkles over the years will become deeper and more visible because of repetitive movement of the muscles.
The facial lines and wrinkles will disappear almost instantly by placing Botox injections at precise skin locations and depths. The procedure can be completed in just 15 minutes as an in-office treatment.
Types of Facial Wrinkles and Lines
Botox has been approved by the FDA for removing or reducing cosmetic fine lines and wrinkles in the following facial areas:
- Glabellar lines or frown lines between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet or the frown lines that occur in the far corners of the eyes
- Forehead lines or horizontal creases and lines across the forehead
Additionally, Botox providers offer treatment for several off-label facial areas. The injectable can be used for reducing or removing lines and wrinkles in the following areas:
- Bunny lines or wrinkles around the nose
- Wrinkles in the jawline and chin
- Fine lines around the lips and mouth
- Lines and wrinkles in the neck
- Saggy or wrinkled eyebrows
Botox on Specific Facial Wrinkles
- Glabellar Lines
- Botox was originally approved by the FDA in 2002 for reducing frown lines between the brows. Botox helps in erasing or diminishing the wrinkles to eliminate the frowning or squinting look.
- Crow’s Feet
- FDA approved Botox in 2013 for cosmetically reducing fine lines that spread from the far corners of the eyes. The treatment can provide a youthful facial appearance by removing these lines.
- Forehead Lines
- In 2017, Botox was FDA approved for removing forehead lines. Forehead lines are horizontal lines that are formed because of overactive frontalis muscle. Botox eases these wrinkles by relaxing the muscles.
- Chin Wrinkles
- Unsightly wrinkles may appear in the chin area because of gradual loss of tissue and bone. Botox works by loosening the muscle activity for smoothing out wrinkles and chin lines.
- Nose Wrinkles
- Bunny lines or nose wrinkles appear as you wrinkle and twist your nose over the years. Botox injections can be placed on both sides of the nose for removing these lines.
- Jaw Contouring
- Expert treatment providers have used the dermal injectable for enhancing jaw contours. The face can appear square in shape because of significant jaw muscles. Botox works by reshaping the jaw line for creating a stronger silhouette.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Peter Koltz receives patients from Toledo, Maumee, Northwest Ohio; Southeastern Michigan, and nearby areas for advanced and effective neuromodulator anti-wrinkle injections, such as Botox.