Breast augmentation plastic surgery involves the placement of saline or silicone implants to increase the size and volume of the breasts and enhance their shape. ABPS board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Koltz can improve your natural breast proportions and contour and create a more appealing and symmetrical breast profile with breast implants surgery in Toledo, OH.
Need for Breast Augmentation
Dr. Koltz will customize your breast augmentation surgery according to your unique needs. You may achieve one or more of the following goals with breast implants:
- Restoring fullness to deflated breasts after pregnancy or weight loss
- Creating more voluptuous looking breasts for aesthetic reasons
- Improving natural body proportions to complement a curvy rear
- Addressing micromastia or naturally small breasts
- Correcting conspicuous asymmetry between the breasts
- Treating tubular breast deformities
- Using breast implants as part of breast reconstruction
- Boosting self-image with more desirable looking breasts
Breast Augmentation Surgery: Incision Placement
Dr. Koltz will tailor your breast augmentation surgery according to your anatomy and personal cosmetic goals. He will recommend the most appropriate incision placement for you as part of your custom breast implant surgery plan.
- Inframammary Incision: In this case, Dr. Koltz will create a small incision in the inframammary fold or the crease at the base at your breast. This will keep the subsequent scarring inconspicuous and hidden in the breast fold.
- Areolar Incision: This incision is created around the areolar border so that the subsequent scar merges with the pigmentation in the outer edge. Dr. Koltz may use this incision technique also for a breast augmentation with lift surgery.
- Transaxillary Incision: If you wish to avoid any scarring on the breasts, your surgeon may decide to place an incision in the armpit. This will keep the resulting scar hidden. This procedure is performed endoscopically for the most suitable placement.
Breast Augmentation Surgery: Implant Placement
Two primary methods for implant placement in your breast tissue are: subglandular placement and submuscular placement.
Here the breast implants will be placed above the chest muscle (pectoral muscle) but below the mammary gland. This procedure is relatively less invasive because the musculature remains undisturbed. You can expect a faster recovery with this technique.
In this case, your surgeon will place the breast implant under the pectoral muscle. This procedure is relatively more invasive, but the final outcome can be dramatically appealing. Women with naturally small breast size can benefit more from this technique.
Choice of Breast Implants
Breast augmentation surgery is one of the more customizable procedures because you will have multiple choices to determine your look. Enhanced cleavage, accentuated curves, or naturally proportionate breasts – no matter what your preference may be – there is a custom option for you in breast augmentation surgery.
You can choose from saline implants, silicone implants, and ultra-cohesive or gummy bear silicone implants. Round or teardrop shaped implants may be available to match your breast profile. Implant size may range from 120 cc to 900 cc, while you may also have the options of high profile, moderate profile, and low-profile implants.
Dr. Koltz is a double fellowship trained ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon and performs a range of breast enhancement procedures in Toledo OH, Maumee, Northwest Ohio and Southeastern Michigan.
For breast augmentation surgery, turn to pēkomd to enhance your upper body contours. To learn more about our breast surgery procedures, book a private consultation with Dr. Koltz at our Toledo, OH office.